Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do your fitters “make good” i.e. re-plaster/re-hang blinds/curtains etc., once they’ve finished fitting?
A. We do make good as per your contract. We do not re-fit blinds or curtains or re-paint, due to the difficulty of colour-matching.
2. Which room will the fitters start in? Do I need to move any furniture?
A. Our installations manager will advise you of this when booking in your installation date.
3. If the weather is bad (stormy/windy/rainy) will the fitters still call?
A. Yes, our fitters will still arrive as scheduled. There has only ever been one occasion when we were prevented from attending due to heavy snowfall and road closures, so it is extremely unlikely that your installation will be affected by the weather. However, bad weather can lengthen the period of installation. We always do our utmost to minimise interruption and keep you fully informed.
4. What type of samples will the sales consultant bring when they call?
A. Samples can be brought to a customer’s house on request in PVC-U or aluminium and we welcome
and encourage customers to visit our showroom to view in-situ examples of our product range.
5. If I place an order, how long will it be before it is installed?
A. Average lead time is 4-6 weeks but this can vary in the case of an unusual order or a specific urgency. Our sales consultant will be able to provide an up-to-date timescale at the time of enquiry.
6. How long has Team MPS been in business?
A. We have been trading for over 25 years.
7. Are you FENSA registered?
A. Yes, Team MPS is a FENSA registered company.
8. Have you any other branches?
A. Yes, our sister-company, Team MPS Glass & Glazing is situated on the Salterton Road. Here, you can find all your glass and glazing requirements such as mirrors, glass cutting, balustrade and double-glazed unit replacement.
9. Are your fitters employed by you or do you use sub-contractors?
A. At Team MPS Glass & Window Centre, we employ all our own fitters. We also work with a number of long-standing partners for our electrical & plumbing works .
10. Are the ground works done by Team MPS?
A. Yes, we have our own dedicated in-house building team.
11. Which profile systems do you use?
A. We install the market-leading Profile 22 system for our PVC-U products and Smarts for our aluminium products.
12. Are your windows Energy Rated?
A. We use clear ‘A’-rated glass units as standard. NB: obscure glass is not rated as ‘A’.
13. Can you give me some technical advice about triple glazing?
A. Triple glazing is made up of three panes of glass. This can improve the U value and acoustic properties of the windows. It can help to get rid of cold spots in an otherwise well-heated house.
14. Can I pay by credit or debit card?
A. Yes, we accept credit & debit cards, [If paying by credit cards to settle your final contract balance you will incur a charge of 2.75%]. We also accept cheques [payable to MPS Glass & Window Centre Ltd] and BACS payments.
15. Do you supply and install orangeries as well as windows, doors and conservatories?
A. Yes, we supply and install bespoke orangeries, garden rooms, verandas and Livin Room orangeries.
16. What are your guarantees?
A. Team MPS Glass & Window Centre Ltd guarantee good and tidy workmanship. We provide a ten-year insurance backed guarantee in respect of the unlikely event of our company going into receivership. Ten-year guarantee on profile discolouration and defective workmanship in installing your quality product. Five-year guarantee from our manufacturer for defects in materials or workmanship in respect of the glass causing visual obscuration from condensation or dust collection within the sealed unit all other hardware is covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
17. I have recently bought a house and Team MPS previously installed the windows. Are they still under guarantee?
A. All guarantees are registered to the contract owner and on their notification. In the event of a house sale, a fee of £99.00 can be made to transfer the guarantee under the new ownership for the duration of remaining cover period. [Please note the transfer of guarantee will only cover as stated in the original contract if the product is maintained as per the maintenance instructions and damage is not caused by external events].
18. Do you carry out remedial works on windows not provided by Team MPS?
A. At Team MPS we are happy to try and help all customers. If there is product fault with a window not installed by Team MPS we will discuss the fault and from the findings, advise accordingly for the most cost-effective resolution. In the majority of cases this may mean a recommendation to a service company that has the means to source a wide variety of products from alternative window companies.
19. Do you charge for quotes?
A. We supply all quotes free of charge. We pride ourselves on providing a hassle-free, friendly service. From your initial enquiry an appointment for the consultant to visit will be made. They will listen to you requirements and provide advice.